Maps you want to see on the servers

Got a new map? Post it here!
Shadow Sheep

Re: Maps you want to see on the servers

Post by Shadow Sheep » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:53 pm

Just a little update to say that surf_vast just came out, and it looks like a really cool map that would easily fit in my hard maps ports series. I will be porting surf_vast as well as the other ones I have mentionnned in the previous post.

Right now, surf_goliath_test1, surf_technique_test1, surf_hades_test1 and surf_eon_test1 are live on the test server.

I also edited the first post to add a sheet where people can keep people up to date about map ports the same way as you can do it on the forums, but for people who don't use the forums:

Sheet with infos about ports being worked on

Click on the cells with comments to learn the instructions and how to participate.
Shadow Sheep

Post by Shadow Sheep » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:57 pm

Alright, the hard challenges delivery is over! (for now). Surf_goliath, surf_technique, surf_hades, surf_eon, surf_mdrn, surf_trapped, surf_brutalist, surf_vast and surf_amaro are done and uploaded to the servers. I also ported surf_highlands for it to be released in all three games at once and it has been uploaded as well.

A big thank you to everyone who contributed to these ported, especialy the mappers who provided me the ressources I needed and the testers for their precious feedback. An also big thank you for the other map porters for using the google sheet instead of the forums to communicate about map ports: now at least we have a way to get in touch with each other and who does what. We really are an awesome community, so please everyone keep up the good work! :D

I am going to go back to bhop ports mode. Maps I plan to port (in this order) are:

bhop_suitsuke, bhop_sanctuary, bhop_ruska, bhop_spooktacular, bhop_dipliu69, bhop_spring_chill, bhop_reverie, bhop_epiphany, bhop_conquest, bhop_rogiql, bhop_velocity, bhop_project6, bhop_brodinski and bhop_translucidity.

Merry christmas etc for those who actually do believe in Jesus!
Shadow Sheep

Post by Shadow Sheep » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:56 pm

Hey!

I have finished going through the bhop maps I wanted: bhop_suitsuke, bhop_sanctuary, bhop_ruska, bhop_spooktacular, bhop_dipliu69, bhop_spring_chill, bhop_reverie, bhop_epiphany, bhop_conquest, bhop_rogiql, bhop_velocity, bhop_project6, bhop_brodinski and bhop_translucidity.

I also ported 2 extras, bhop_sandtrap3 for obvious reasons and bhop_symhpony.

They turned out very good, and people seem to enjoy them a lot.

I am going to start porting surf maps again, but I haven't decided all the maps I wanted to convert yet. I have updated the polls though and added the newest maps that came out, please let your voice be heard and spread the word so you can get the maps you want see on the servers!

I also want to take this oportunity to express how grateful I am with muta, Dagi (also known as 104), Laure and Ziddia for doing such a good work at porting maps. You don't get to see them post on the forums (sadly), but they really are dedicated to what they are doing, and thats very admirable, inspirational and encouraging to witness! keep up the good work!!
Shadow Sheep

Post by Shadow Sheep » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:33 am

Alright, thank you guys a lot for your recent activity on the poll, I really apreciate it.

I have now made my surfing wish list, which means that I plan to port these maps:

surf_deathstar, surf_eunoia, surf_minimumwage, surf_telstar, surf_gekar, surf_trihard, surf_runewords2, surf_not_so_disaster, surf_neoteric, surf_quickie, surf_methadone and surf_quilavar (assuming RNC is still stuck at 99%).

I strongly encourage you to check the google sheet and test the maps porters are doing on the test server as critical feedback is what garantees you to get the best quality of map ports !
Shadow Sheep

Post by Shadow Sheep » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:15 pm

Yo!

Surf_deathstar and surf_eunoia, surf_gekar and surf_telstar_njv are done and available.

Surf_minimumwage and surf_runewords2 will require a bit more work on my part, but then they should be great!!

I am still waiting for feedback on surf_not_so_disaster, surf_trihard, surf_neoteric, surf_quickie, surf_methadone and surf_quilavar before calling them perfect ports.

By the way, people are saying that surfing is a dead game and all that stuff...ARE YOU KIDDING? Have you seen how many great maps just came out these last 3 months?! I feel like its more alive than ever! There are even more people making maps, and more people porting maps too!

Anyway, because I feel like it would be too bad to go back to porting bhop maps right now before porting a few more newer surf maps that absolutly would have replaced some in the list I made a while ago if only they existed at the time, and also because 104 is doing some great bhop porting work so its not like the bhop server will become dry on its freshness supply, I plan to port:

surf_summit, surf_clavius and surf_starfire.
Shadow Sheep

Post by Shadow Sheep » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:05 am

Hey

Not a lot of activity on the testers' side, so I went ahead and released the following ports:

surf_trihard, surf_not_so_disaster, surf_methadone, surf_quilavar, surf_summit (hey! a new map for the beginner server! :D), surf_starfire, surf_quickie, surf_clavius and surf_neoteric.

I also ported surf_sandtrap2 when it came out. Glad it turned out to have no problem despite no testing!

Laure has decided to stop all the map porting projects she was working on, and gave me the ressources she had at the state of her work. I will probably port a few from that list since there have been maps in it that I wanted to port, but she reserved them first so it would have been wrong if I did.

Upcoming is surf_summer, surf_runewords2 (still need to spend 20 hours to remake all the ramps smoother) and surf_minimumwage.
Shadow Sheep

Post by Shadow Sheep » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:30 pm

Hello everyone !

So surf_summer, surf_runewords2 and surf_minimumwage are done, and I am glad I can now move on to other things.

As I mentionned before, Laure had plans to port some bhop maps, but eventually decided not to do them. So I will be working on them instead and hope I don't die of old age before being done.

So I plan to port these maps in this order: bhop_ballistic, bhop_emevaelx, bhop_kaunisnimi, bhop_koloma, bhop_korqane, bhop_morose, bhop_nux, bhop_sativa, bhop_stoneage, bhop_suicide_pls, bhop_0000, bhop_0001, bhop_0002, bhop_2006isback_fix, bhop_alt_jestas, bhop_ala_laupapa, bhop_alt_paskin, bhop_alt_terassi, bhop_alt_univaje, bhop_ambience, bhop_anyyy, bhop_auto_nato_v2, bhop_bless, bhop_blue_shade, bhop_breath, bhop_bw, bhop_calycate, bhop_comktion, bhop_developed_beta01, bhop_dom, bhop_emevaelx2, bhop_farver, bhop_fosi_unfinished, bhop_green_shade, bhop_horseshit_1, bhop_icebase, bhop_icosa, bhop_kittovittu, bhop_land_x1, bhop_larena_nodoors, bhop_matans, bhop_overline, bhop_proving_a_point, bhop_quist_final, bhop_rippcpie, bhop_shampoo, bhop_skaebne, bhop_spacebar_warrior, bhop_speedrun_fluid, bhop_speedtyomix, bhop_nubia, bhop_cuteboys, bhop_cutetraps, bhop_splrez, bhop_ajump, bhop_alt_paskin, bhop_alt_terassi, bhop_aquatic_v1, bhop_ares, bhop_backstreet, bhop_foreverpcpie, bhop_lm, bhop_morency, bhop_royal, bhop_strafe_syn_yk and bhop_straightforward.

There are a few maps I have left over that Laure might be willing to do eventually which are bhop_0003, bhop_awesome, bhop_deluxe, bhop_drunked_bunny, bhop_fast_hop_eazy, bhop_jx, bhop_jx2, bhop_neratop, bhop_polior, bhop_ragepoop_rev, bhop_rooster, bhop_sinister, bhop_skyway, bhop_splash and bhop_xl_matans.
Shadow Sheep

Post by Shadow Sheep » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:31 pm

Hey!

So as hard to believe as it might sound, I actually managed to hold my promise and go through all of the list of map ports from Laure:
bhop_ballistic_fix (fixed the boosts), bhop_emevaelx, bhop_kaunisnimi, bhop_koloma, bhop_korqane, bhop_morose, bhop_nux, bhop_sativa, bhop_stoneage, bhop_suicide_pls, bhop_0000, bhop_0001, bhop_0002, bhop_2006isback_fix, bhop_alt_jestas, bhop_ala_laupapa, bhop_alt_paskin, bhop_alt_terassi, bhop_alt_univaje, bhop_ambience, bhop_anyyy, bhop_auto_nato_v2, bhop_bless, bhop_blue_shade, bhop_breath, bhop_bw, bhop_calycate, bhop_comktion, bhop_developed_beta01, bhop_dom, bhop_emevaelx2 (sic), bhop_farver, bhop_fosi_unfinished, bhop_green_shade, bhop_horseshit_1, bhop_icebase, bhop_icosa, bhop_kittovittu, bhop_land_x1, bhop_larena_nodoors, bhop_matans, bhop_overline, bhop_proving_a_point, bhop_quist, bhop_rippcpie, bhop_shampoo, bhop_skaebne, bhop_spacebar_warrior, bhop_speedrun_fluid, bhop_speedtyomix, bhop_nubia, bhop_cuteboys, bhop_cutetraps+bhop_cutetraps_sfw, bhop_splrez, bhop_ajump, bhop_ares, bhop_backstreet, bhop_foreverpcpie, bhop_lm, bhop_morency, bhop_royal, bhop_strafe_syn_yk and bhop_straightforward.

I finally decided not to do bhop_aquatic_v1, because I really didn't like it, and didn't want to make the same mistake I did back when the server was being born which is to add a bad map temporaly in the hope that it will get removed later if enough people dislike it, and end up having it uploaded forever. However, I ported bhop_icetrap which originally wasn't on my list, but was too tempting just to pass by!

I plan to go back to bhop_greenshit and bhop_arcane_v1, and make a fix version for them. Its been since the release of bhop_arcane_v1 (my third map port ever, didn't age badly at all though, I really didn't expect it to be this functionnal after so long back when I published it) since I wanted to add the grass and make the ice slides work better. And maybe I will find small improvements to make at tiny places too (for example, new trigger skins <3).

I am still not decided if I want to convert a list of bhop maps I really want of my own (rather than taking straight up the list from Laure), or if I want to move on to surf maps already. I'll come back when I am settled on a list.

Lasty, I want to give a huge thank you to 104. He is a prodigy. His work on his bhop ports is excellent, and superior in many aspect to the first ports I was doing back when I was beginning. If you see any of these maps on the bhop server, credits goes to him:
bhop_alt_vaahtera, bhop_mult, bhop_verisimilitude, bhop_haaruka, bhop_dragon_fix, bhop_monority, bhop_temple_ruins_v2, bhop_p09, bhop_monument_valley, bhop_monument_valley_2, bhop_soaatana, bhop_ihate_devmaps, bhop_jago, bhop_m4dara_trainning, bhop_cyanglow, bhop_terrarium, bhop_linear_gif, bhop_nono, bhop_ametisti, bhop_andromeda, bhop_aks, bhop_alt_saima, bhop_alien_ruins, bhop_linear_forest, bhop_byrem, bhop_adventurous, bhop_blendie, bhop_flow_v2, bhop_newdun, bhop_ponpo8n_fix, bhop_strength_v2/bhop_strength_v2_fix, bhop_umbra, bhop_enigma, bhop_ruins, bhop_floccidrift, bhop_p05, bhop_lambda, bhop_awful2, bhop_bugga, bhop_warmszteon, bhop_contained, bhop_asko, bhop_celestial.

And soon to come from him, there are also: bhop_idiosyncrasy, bhop_amaranthglow, bhop_bunker, bhop_byrem2, bhop_colorclash, bhop_dedust2, bhop_dimensional, bhop_huivrotstyle, bhop_kotodama, bhop_one_cure, bhop_quack, bhop_exiled, bhop_focus_v2, bhop_legoflix1, bhop_dango, bhop_redmin, bhop_lunti, bhop_stref, bhop_epoch, bhop_one_fall, bhop_novice2, bhop_mine, bhop_snowychristmas, bhop_huni, bhop_sketchy_v4, bhop_snowy, bhop_orgrimmar, bhop_nervosity, bhop_teti, bhop_mentality, bhop_orbital, bhop_nihilism, bhop_bubblegum, bhop_araki, bhop_ragequit, bhop_rainbowroad and bhop_nebula_v1.

Keep up the great work! You have all my support! :D
Shadow Sheep

Post by Shadow Sheep » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:10 pm

Alright, I have thought for a moment, and decided to do more bhop maps before going back to surfing related content.

So yeah, I plan to first fix bhop_challenjour (at last!), and then port bhop_rebound, bhop_rin, bhop_mustapaska, bhop_sauvakavely, bhop_cw_journey, bhop_conquest2, bhop_Y, bhop_nila and bhop_Z.

After that, I am kind of out of inspiration regarding bhop port projects (Laure's list had tons of them, and 104 is already taking care of the best remaining ones! :D) so I will more than likely be porting surf maps for a long time after this series.

Edit: I'll probably do bhop_stref_asleep, bhop_stref_cairo and bhop_stref_sibera too just so that the entire map pack is in here too.
Shadow Sheep

Post by Shadow Sheep » Tue May 07, 2019 12:29 pm

Finished converting bhop_rebound, bhop_mustapaska, bhop_sauvakavely, bhop_frankerz_999xl_extreme (april 1st was coming, I couldn't resist) and bhop_stref_cairo.

Still in the process of finishing bhop_rin, bhop_stref_asleep, bhop_stref_siberia, bhop_cw_journey, bhop_conquest2, bhop_Y, bhop_nila, bhop_Z, bhop_puffs, bhop_compact_city_v2 (decided to port it last minute) and bhop_quiet2.

I am now moving to surf maps.

Now which surf maps? There are a lot of them! I had a glance at gamebanana and gathered some suggestions and these are the ones I think could bring value to the server so far:

surf_intothewild, surf_palm, surf_purgatory, surf_dynamics_fixed, surf_imagine_final, surf_proliferation, surf_delta, surf_semesterbreak, surf_saturday, surf_z, surf_bnw_njv, surf_take1, surf_izded, surf_shoria, surf_be_gentle, surf_pancake, surf_zen2, surf_elysium4, surf_huh?, surf_whiteout, surf_amir, surf_motion1, surf_masonry, surf_nocturns_hopeless, surf_jaqen2, surf_paradise, surf_hero, surf_pogchamp, surf_shodan, surf_axiom2, surf_life_of_cow, surf_ameliorate, surf_aqua, surf_drifting, surf_devil, surf_frost, surf_disneyland, surf_salient2, surf_exurbia2, surf_classics3, surf_hob, surf_disaster, surf_eryr2, surf_synada, surf_2pacisalive, surf_theworldismine, surf_flow, surf_tronia_njv, surf_oompa2, surf_marah, surf_klue, surf_subway, surf_tempest2, surf_ezclap, surf_rocco_v2, surf_believe, surf_enzon, surf_journeys_final, surf_meister_v3_final, surf_Injection, surf_ungoliant, surf_satellite, surf_trance_v1, surf_golden_a, surf_egypt2, surf_petrus2, surf_radiation_hazard, surf_amantiss, Surf_Conserve, surf_delight, surf_chasm, surf_progress, surf_year3000, surf_ace, surf_lab, surf_runewords, surf_petrus, surf_damn, surf_zen, surf_monochrome, surf_wizard, surf_sempar_njv, surf_dova, surf_clazone, surf_whoknows3, surf_kairo, surf_interference, surf_driftless, Surf_Domain, surf_bumpybusride, surf_pagoda, surf_axiom, surf_nebula, surf_n_bhop, surf_rst, surf_cinnamon, surf_hollow, surf_salvador, surf_reactor, surf_dragon, surf_beverages_remix, surf_princess, surf_tioga060, surf_antimatter_v2, surf_innokia, Surf_depressing, surf_facility, surf_dhyana, surf_happyhug, surf_pantheon_beta, surf_lolrevlis2, surf_low_production, surf_ragequit, surf_mushroom_ksf, surf_memories, surf_lepidus, surf_jeff, surf_lax, surf_ember2, surf_efficacy, surf_nebula, surf_selenka, surf_trapped2, surf_metalwall, surf_inrage, surf_phantoml0rd_beta, surf_germania, Surf_Four_Elements, surf_ressource, surf_not_so_zen, surf_papertown, surf_spectra, surf_zor, surf_insignia_b1, surf_scorch, surf_paddy and surf_serenity.

I am not sure about all of them yet, and a few of them are not in a final state yet.

I think it would be wiser for me to engage into porting small lists of maps instead of all of them, and I think that for a couple reasons. It will allow me to select the map that I feel really motivated to do in a short term, and prevent me from feeling agravated when doing one 6 months later. It is also more flexible since at any time I can chose to port a map that a has a lot of request, or simply convert a new map that just came out and therefore that could not have been in this list.

I have already started to contact a few mappers to get some map files, and I already got some maerial to get to work.

So for now, lets say I that I am going to port surf_elysium4 (which is almost done already), surf_pantheon, surf_2pacisalive, surf_innokia, surf_trapped2 and surf_life_of_cow.