Tier 2 staged map featuring 11 stages and no bonus.
Recommended for the Beginner surf server.
Video showcasing surf_summer surfed in counter strike: source by Phurix:
- Couldn't find a reasonable way (as in the map would still compile) to replicate the shopping and credit system from the csgo logic_script entity. Made all the articles in the shop available at all time to everyone instead in order to keep the fun of having them still.
- Shadow at spawn from env_cascade_light could not be ported. Faked its effect by using a dark transparent overlay to have its purpose be preserved.
- Tweaked the exposure of the cubemap reflections in the map to compensate for the absence of a shader supposed modulate its brightness proportionaly to how exposed to lighting the surface is ($envmaplightscale) - bypassed tioga's consent.
- Fixed some lighting bleeding showing on the joints of the cliffsides on the skate park and water park stages.
- Fixed the lighting on the stairs on the left side of stage 3 (and various other props)
- Fixed the collision of the inside waterslide on the last stage so the ceiling grate doesn't block you when collising with it - bypassed tioga's consent.
- Changed the bloomscale of the HDR from 1.8 to 1 to match the aspect of the map in csgo - bypassed tioga's consent.
- Added resurfed timer triggers.
Update: here is the link to the Counter-Strike: Source port: https://gamebanana.com/maps/202046
Special thanks to Tioga060 for giving me access to his hammer file and allowing me to do this port (and also for having me waiting for 10 months for feedback).