Maps I plan to fix (feel free to suggest)

Got a new map? Post it here!
Shadow Sheep

Re: Maps I plan to fix (feel free to suggest)

Post by Shadow Sheep » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:36 pm

I updated the first post.

I will be also porting new maps because the maps that were added to the maps to fix list were suggested after I started working on other things.

It would be nice to upload surf_fast_fix, surf_legendary_fix, surf_lithium2_fix and surf_commune_too_beta5_fix to the servers, which you can find here (but also to set up the stripper configs for the 40 maps I posted here).

I mean, if you do that there is litteraly pretty much all the fixes possible that are done once and forever.
FlamboyantFaustino

Post by FlamboyantFaustino » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:31 pm

Bumping surf_ny_advance_b5 and adding to this list surf_presmon (creds to Donkey) and surf_imex

Please and ty!
Psychonian

Post by Psychonian » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:35 pm

FlamboyantFaustino wrote:Bumping surf_ny_advance_b5 and adding to this list surf_presmon (creds to Donkey) and surf_imex

Please and ty!

what's wrong with presmon?
Insomnia

Post by Insomnia » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:14 pm

Psychonian wrote:
FlamboyantFaustino wrote:Bumping surf_ny_advance_b5 and adding to this list surf_presmon (creds to Donkey) and surf_imex

Please and ty!

I believe we want to fix the stage 2 telehop and the stage 5 .30 time exploit
Contact me - Steam
Psychonian

Post by Psychonian » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:01 pm

Insomnia wrote:
Psychonian wrote:

Please and ty!

S2 telehop works fine for me, but i was unaware there was a .30 time exploit. Yeah that should probably be fixed then
Insomnia

Post by Insomnia » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:49 pm

Psychonian wrote:
Insomnia wrote:
Psychonian wrote:

S2 telehop works fine for me, but i was unaware there was a .30 time exploit. Yeah that should probably be fixed then
"Fix", as in make it not a telehop.
Contact me - Steam
Shadow Sheep

Post by Shadow Sheep » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:06 pm

I did start working on surf_ny_advance_b5 the week you told me about it, but I ran into heavy brush splitting, resulting in the map not compiling. Then I forgot about it. I can give it an other try though.

For surf_presmon, I can remove the telehops, but you will have to show me how you do stage 2 and stage 5 without telehopping. (I can also fix the trigger's height and the stage 3 start destination without issues too).

For surf_imex, since both deathly and zombie seem allergic to place drag 3 maxvel triggers in the map, I guess i'll end up porting it again then.

Thank you guys for reporting maps, and please submit more/tell your complaining friends to submit more if they can, thats helping everyone to enjoy the maps in the long run.
FlamboyantFaustino

Post by FlamboyantFaustino » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:29 pm

Thank you for all the work sheep!

surf_presmon has a telehop from s1-s2 that requires a precise angle to get, it also has an upwards telehop into s4, s4 isn't resized for tf2 player models I believe (making the sc more difficult), and s5 has the time exploit, as insomnia said.

surf_imex is full of telehops between stages and on the stages themselves and boosts that can be boosted however many times you want with no apparent maxvel.

I'd also like to add a request to stripper surf_elements_beta3, as going for a run with a RNG last stage is pretty annoying, to say the least.
Shadow Sheep

Post by Shadow Sheep » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:54 pm

FlamboyantFaustino wrote: I'd also like to add a request to stripper surf_elements_beta3, as going for a run with a RNG last stage is pretty annoying, to say the least.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1714#p6035

And it did take me so long at the time to decompile each map, find out a way to make them fixed and writing the configs. Its so frustrating that 2 months later there is still so much left to do, even though implementing the configs themselves would take 5% of the time it took me to make them.
Psychonian

Post by Psychonian » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:05 pm

Shadow Sheep wrote:I did start working on surf_ny_advance_b5 the week you told me about it, but I ran into heavy brush splitting, resulting in the map not compiling. Then I forgot about it. I can give it an other try though.

For surf_presmon, I can remove the telehops, but you will have to show me how you do stage 2 and stage 5 without telehopping. (I can also fix the trigger's height and the stage 3 start destination without issues too).

For surf_imex, since both deathly and zombie seem allergic to place drag 3 maxvel triggers in the map, I guess i'll end up porting it again then.

Thank you guys for reporting maps, and please submit more/tell your complaining friends to submit more if they can, thats helping everyone to enjoy the maps in the long run.
It isn't possible to do either of these without telehopping as far as I know. The s1-s2 telehop works fine for me, but I agree that s4 does need to be resized, it's very very difficult to do the sc as it is, it kills the majority of my runs but I just figured it was supposed to be like that